Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Workflow, Workflow

Ok...So this post isn't really geared for my clients and non-photographer friends, but sometimes one must indulge. I get asked alot about the gear that I use and my workflow from other photographers, students, and folks who hear that I'm a photographer and just wonder how things have changed since the days of film. Normally, I don't mind talking about gear, but lately I've changed the subject because in the end, the gear doesn't make the photographer. Even so, I promised a few friends and students that I would post something soon about all of that tech stuff that bores most people. So, for all of you that love the toys like I do, here goes:

Computers & Software-

17" MacBook Pro (Apple Rules!!)
Adobe Creative Suite CS4 (image editing)
Adobe Lightroom (image management)
Totally Rad Actions (Photoshop Actions)
Showit Sites (WebSite Design)
Photojunction (Album Design)

Storage & Back-Up- 3 Tier image Back-Up & Storage

LaCie 2Big Quadra 1TB RAID (Tier 1 Back-Up)
Drobo 4TB FW800 (Tier 2 Back-Up)*
SmugMug (Tier 3 Unlimited permanent image Back-Up)

Cameras & Lenses-

Canon 5D MkII *
Canon 40D
17-40 f4L Wide Angle Zoom Lens- I love this lens for catching everything!
24-105 f4L IS Zoom Lens- This is my "do everything" lens
50 f1.2L Prime Lens- This is my new "Fav"!! Buttery portrait lens.
70-200 f2.8L IS Zoom Lens- I can't live without this bad boy!! Tack sharp!!
Canon 580EX Flash
Canon 580 EXII Flash *

*- on order. Should have them in a couple of weeks.

I hope this answers any questions that my gear-head brethren have.

No comments: